Friday 8 July 2011

Images of the Day - 8th July 2011

Today's image is another from the collection of my wife's grandfather. As with all the others in his album there are no names and no information on the back of it.

The only thought I had for this photo was that, as he was a Prisoner of War in 1918, and this photo shows a number of different cap badges, that this might be a POW group?

There is a lot to see on this photo. The man seated at the front appears to have done 12 years service (going by the stripes on his cuff) and might be in a Fusiliers regiment? He also has a medal ribbon which might shed more light on his service.

The man seated at the left appears to be King's Royal Rifles - the shoulder title I think has KRR, and the badge has the look of the KRR, although I initially thought the crown at the top would be larger - perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light?

There appears to be another Fusilier in this picture, but I'm not sure about the stars on his collar - can anyone explain that?

The man standing fourth from the left- does his badge say RAC? Royal Automobile Club? If it is, I'd be very interested to know the circumstances by which he came to be in this photo.

As for the other badges, I'm afraid that's not my specialty. If anyone can have a go at identifying them, I'd be very interested to know.

As with our previous images, click on the photo for a larger version. If anyone would like me to send them higher resolution scans of any part of the photo, please do get in touch either in the comments box below or via our website.


No comments:

Post a Comment