Sunday 3 July 2011

Colours presentation - 2nd July 2011

Yesterday I attended the presentation of new colours to six battalions of the Royal Regiment of Scotland by Her Majesty the Queen.



It was a fantastic day, with glorious sunshine (resulting in a sunburned face for yours truly!) and an amazing spectacle. This is a once in a lifetime event, and I was delighted that I was able to attend.

My thanks go to Sandy Leishman for swinging an invite for me, and thanks for a great day out to Sandy, Barrie and Euan. You guys were great company.

Unfortunately the batteries on my camera didn't last the day, so I was unable to get shots of every aspect of the ceremony. I'll supplement my photos with some taken by the others in due course, and I'll feature them in a future blog post.

In the meantime, here is a video I took of the old colours being paraded for the final time. I started filming after the first couple of sets of colours had been marched off, so this may start with either the second or third battalions.

No comments:

Post a Comment